The National Association for Blacks in Bio (NABB) is dedicated to supporting our nation's effort to remain competitive in the global marketplace by building a broad-based community of minority professionals working in various capacities in biotechnology, biopharmaceutical research and biomedical research (which we refer to collectively as the biosciences industry), and by forging strategic relationships between this industry and communities of color.
Founded in 2004, we are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is striving to build a broad-based community of minority bioscience professionals to advance networking, collaborations, education and career development.
NABB seeks to accomplish these goals in a unique manner by building a sustainable professional community among its membership, and forging strategic relationships between the biosciences and communities of color through a menu of products, services and collaborative projects.
The main priorities of NABB are to:
- Enhance the professional lives of minority professionals working in various capacities in the biosciences by:
- Facilitating the access of minority scientists-in-training to careers in Bio
- Promoting careers and career development in the biosciences
- Establishing intergenerational training among scientists in the biosciences.
- Attracting and retaining top scientific talent that can collaborate in sponsored research initiatives
- Be the strategic partner to the biosciences by:
- Identifying medical key opinion leaders and scientific talent who will support research and business goals.
- Creating access to top-tier scientific and healthcare professionals that represent the changing demographic of the biosciences customer base.
- Providing competitive analysis of research and market trends for products and therapies that target the healthcare needs of minorities
- Be an effective leader in educational development and healthcare advocacy communications by:
- Developing a well-trained speakers bureau for key markets
- Executing educational initiatives that prepare the market, build new beliefs, and manage the perception of pharmaceuticals targeted to the healthcare needs of minorities
- Enhance the competitive edge of biosciences companies by serving as an educational and business conduit between industry and underserved communities of color.
How to Join
We welcome your support and participation. To join, please send an email to email@example.com
For all inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org